Isn’t it great when you dream up a craft experiment and goes well? Not all of mine do, very few actually. So I am sharing a success story.
I realize sewn fabric appliques are nothing new, neither are iron on ones. But I experimented with the heat n’ bond by the roll and instead of cutting out a hundred of the same shapes over and over I’d thought I’d try using some of my work resources for a work related project.
This was super easy to do, just follow the directions on the package. I purchased the heat ‘n bond at Joanne’s along with the fabric.
The three fabrics I chose along with the Ellison dragonfly die. The system library headquarters owns the Ellison Die Cutting machine and their wonderful staff helped out by cutting out about 100 dragonflies for the project. (Thanks Cindy!)
A few of the tote bags I created as give-a-ways for a library (work) program for girls 7 & up. I will remind you to always read directions twice, I did sent the iron on high with no steam for the first bag and scorched it. Use medium heat!
Here are a few of the girl’s creations. I asked each girl to bring something we could iron the dragonflies on to and suggested pillow cases, t-shirts, jeans, skirts or bags. Anything that their Mom allowed and could be ironed, but no fleece!
I also saved all the fabric scraps from the die cutting process to allow the girls to cut out other shapes to customize their creations.
I can’t wait to experiment with my own kids!